Case Management Coordinator
Great Opportunity to GROW Your Career in the Human Services Field.
Our Mission Statement:
“To provide through the power of Jesus Christ, a home for the homeless, food for the hungry and hope for their future.”
- Medical Insurance
- Dental Benefits
- 403b Savings Plan and Generous Company Match
- Generous Paid Time Off
- Paid Holidays
- EAP (Employee Assistance Program)
- Company paid Life Insurance, Short-Term Disability and Long-Term Disability Coverage.
We have a full-time opening for a Case Management Coordinator. The schedule would be Monday – Friday 2 p.m. – 10 p.m.
The Case Management Coordinator guides the collaborative process of assessment, life-planning, facilitation, care coordination, evaluation and advocacy to meet the participant’s comprehensive health needs through communication and connecting to available resources to promote well-being. The Case Management Coordinator should have the heart of a servant in accordance with Colossians 3:23 “Whatever you do, work at it with all your heart, as working for the Lord, not for human masters.
Key Tasks and Responsibilities
- Provide case management during a participant’s stay at TRM. Case management includes assessments, referrals, advocacy, monitoring treatment plans, goal setting and participating in restorative action as needed, attending house meetings, collaborating with vocational and pastoral staff, and transportation to/from client appointments. Establishing and maintaining rapport with participants is vital to this process. Maintain accurate and timely case management notes and client records, as well as organized participant files.
- Support Life House functions as needed.
- Orient, and support participants staying at The Rescue Mission, assist participants on an assigned shift with basic needs, and ensure safety, security, and adherence to house guidelines.
- Maintain knowledge of community resources; develop effective working relationships with key staff members at those agencies and make appropriate referrals when necessary. Ensure proper releases of information are signed when required.
- Attend quarterly All Staff meetings.
- Job performance should demonstrate The Rescue Mission’s Core Values; Organizational Integrity, Organizational Unity and Organizational Effectiveness.
- Perform other job-related duties as assigned.
- Be prepared to pray with and offer spiritual support to others.
Education Training and Experience
- Working towards or have earned a Bachelor’s Degree in Human Services or related field preferred.
- Associate’s degree required.
- Certification and licensure preferred.
- 2 years of experience in a Human Services-related field preferred.
- Valid Driver’s License.
Knowledge Skills and Abilities
- · Thorough knowledge of 12 Steps of Recovery from a Christian perspective.
- · Ability to reflect personal integrity in attitude and behavior toward participants, volunteers and other staff through the lens of justice and mercy. Must demonstrate professional and ethical behavior and demonstrate good boundaries with participants.
- · Ability to demonstrate good stewardship of available resources to obtain optimum value for all assigned participants and The Rescue Mission.
- · Ability to use effective verbal and written communication skills, including active listening, use of open-ended questions, affirming, and summarizing.
- · Ability to plan, organize, and retain information.
- · Ability to problem solve, negotiate, and resolve conflict.
- · Flexibility in work hours when needed to assure proper coverage.
- · Ability to tolerate and manage stress.
- · Demonstrate a high level of initiative and motivation.
- · Ability to balance justice and mercy with accountability.
- · Ability to apply Biblical truths to life situations from a pastoral perspective.
- · Working knowledge of Mental Health disorders such as Depression, Anxiety, etc.
- · Ability to be trauma-sensitive and relate to individuals from all socio-economic levels and ethnic backgrounds.
Interested candidates can apply by clicking here.