Men's Case Manager - Full Time
The Rescue Mission is a client-centered ministry. We seek employees who have made a commitment to Jesus Christ as Lord and Savior.
Our Mission Statement:
“To provide through the power of Jesus Christ, a home for the homeless, food for the hungry and hope for their future.”
“To transform lives through the love of Jesus Christ.”
The Case Manager guides the collaborative process of assessment, life-planning, facilitation, care coordination, evaluation, and advocacy to meet the resident’s comprehensive health needs through communication and connecting to available resources to promote well-being.
- Provide case management during a resident’s stay at TRM. Case management includes; assessments, referrals, advocacy, monitoring treatment plans, goal setting and participating in restorative action as needed, attending house meetings, collaborating with vocational and pastoral staff, and transportation to/from client appointments. Establishing and maintaining rapport with residents is vital to this process.
- Prepare course materials and facilitate training. This requires a solid understanding of the material presented.
- Maintain accurate and timely case management notes and client records, as well as organized resident files.
- Maintain knowledge of community resources; develop effective working relationships with key staff members at those agencies and make appropriate referrals when necessary. Ensure proper releases of information are signed when required.
- Perform other job-related duties as assigned.
Education Training and Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in Human Services or related field.
- Certification and licensure preferred.
- 5 years of experience in a Human Services-related field.
- Valid Driver’s License.
Knowledge Skills and Abilities
- Thorough knowledge of 12 Steps of Recovery from a Christian perspective.
- Ability to reflect personal integrity in attitude and behavior toward residents, volunteers and other staff through the lens of justice and mercy. The Case Manager must demonstrate professional and ethical behavior and demonstrate good boundaries with residents.
- Ability to demonstrate good stewardship of available resources to obtain optimum value for all assigned residents and The Rescue Mission.
- Ability to use effective verbal and written communication skills, including active listening, use of open-ended questions, affirming, and summarizing.
- Ability to plan, organize, and retain information.
- Ability to problem-solve, negotiate, and resolve conflict.
- Flexibility in work hours when needed to assure proper coverage.
- Ability to tolerate and manage stress.
- Demonstrate a high level of initiative and motivation.
- Ability to balance justice and mercy with accountability.
- Ability to apply Biblical truths to life situations from a pastoral perspective.
- Working knowledge of Mental Health disorders such as Depression, Anxiety, etc.
- Ability to be trauma-sensitive and relate to individuals from all socio-economic levels and ethnic backgrounds.
Interested candidates should submit a resume to email@example.com