Cashier – Part Time Treasure House
The Rescue Mission is a client-centered ministry. We seek employees who have made a commitment to Jesus Christ as Lord and Savior.
Our Mission Statement:
“To provide through the power of Jesus Christ, a home for the homeless, food for the hungry and hope for their future.”
“To transform lives through the love of Jesus Christ.”
The Cashier is a foremost, customer-serving position providing exceptional customer service which includes processing accurate financial transactions between customers and the store, answering phones, and stocking/cleaning the sales floor and register area.
- Provide friendly, efficient, and excellent customer service including register operations and sales to donors, residents, and/or customers.
- Contribute to the control of inventory by participating in recycling rotation, retrieving, sorting, stocking and pricing as per directions; protect the store from inventory shrinkage by close visual monitoring.
- Provide telephone support and customer service.
- Assist with store layout to attract customers.
- Perform basic housekeeping duties and sales floor maintenance.
- Attend quarterly All Staff meetings.
- Job performance should demonstrate The Rescue Mission’s Core Values; Organizational Integrity, Organizational Unity and Organizational Effectiveness.
- Perform other job-related duties as assigned.
- Maintain clean work station.
- Provide support to other departments as needed
Education Training and Experience
- High School diploma or equivalent required.
- 6 months previous cash register, customer service, sales, and/or retail experience.
Knowledge Skills and Abilities
- Represent The Rescue Mission and Treasure House with grace and integrity.
- Basic computer skills with knowledge of the internet and email.
- Basic math skills.
- Strong communication skills.
- Ability to read and write in English.
- Ability to work with individuals of various socio-economic, ethnic, and racial populations.
- Ability to comply with personal and business requirements and expectations as detailed in the Employee Handbook.
Interested candidates should submit a resume to email@example.com