Donor Relations & Data Services Administrator
Our Mission Statement:
“To provide through the power of Jesus Christ, a home for the homeless, food for the hungry and hope for their future.”
We have a full-time opening for a Donor Relations & Date Services Administrator. The schedule would be Monday through Friday 9 a.m. – 5 p.m. Starting rate of $20/hour.
- Medical Insurance
- Dental Benefits
- 403b Savings Plan and Generous Company Match
- Generous Paid Time Off
- Paid Holidays
- EAP (Employee Assistance Program)
- Group Life Insurance
- Supplemental Life Insurance for Dependents
- Short-Term and Long-Term Disability Plans
The Donor Relations & Data Services Administrator is responsible for the timely processing gifts, gift receipts, donor acknowledgments, and varied financial reports, and maintains and enhances data quality. Donor Relations & Data Services Administrator has significant responsibilities in the areas of data and gift entry to ensure that all cash gifts, stock donations, planned gifts and pledges are accurately recorded in the database and reconciled with the financial records. Donor Relations & Data Services Administrator also provides administrative support to the Sr. VP of Donor Relations, Director of Events and Director of Donor Relations. This support includes the operation, management and oversight of all fundraising platforms, including but not limited to eTapestry and MobileCause. The Donor Relations & Data Services Administrator should have the heart of a servant in accordance with Colossians 3:23 “Whatever you do, work at it with all your heart, as working for the Lord, not for human masters.”
Key Tasks and Responsibilities
- Handles all duties relative to processing, recording and acknowledging gifts in the Customer Relationship Management (CRM) system, reconciles batches with database and prepares batches for bank deposit, resolves technical problems or makes entry adjustments to ensure accurate processing and recording of gifts, records donor pledges in donor CRM database and maintains all pledge files.
- Updates donor records.
- Tracks outstanding pledges and produces pledge reminder letters to donors and reports as appropriate (except for events and special campaigns) and communicates regularly with the CFO and Sr. Staff Accountant to provide gift designation or account information.
- Interfaces with donors, businesses, foundations and staff to answer gift-related questions and resolve issues
- Works collaboratively with the Donor Relations and Foundation staff to create mailing lists, reconcile monthly reports, develop custom reports, and create appeal codes in the donor database, conducts biographical data appends and maintains data integrity on a regular basis.
- Responsible for becoming the Subject Matter Expert (SME) and provides staff training on the CRM database and all fundraising and event software for the Organization.
- Completes wealth screens and creates donor segments and mailing lists in collaboration with the Donor Relations team and Foundation staff.
- Attend quarterly All Staff meetings.
- Job performance should demonstrate The Rescue Mission’s Core Values, Organizational Integrity, Organizational Unity and Organizational Effectiveness.
- Perform other job-related duties as assigned.
- Be prepared to pray with and offer spiritual support to others.
Education Training and Experience
- Associates Degree in business administration, accounting or administrative assisting required.
- Must have one (1) to three (3) years of experience in non-profit environment gift processing and donor CRM database management including gift processing, data entry, data appends, queries, imports/exports and reporting required.
Knowledge Skills and Abilities
- · Advanced computer skills with solid Microsoft Office Suite skills, including high comfort level in Excel, Teams, PowerPoint, CRM database, Internet and email.
- · Required knowledge of Customer Relationship Management (CRM) and fundraising systems
- · Experience with eTapestry, Raiser’s Edge and MobileCause software preferred
- · Strong analytical and problem-solving skills with the ability to analyze complex data and reports
- · Excellent written, verbal, and interpersonal communication skills
- · Excellent organization and time-management skills
- · Self-motivated, self-starter and detail-oriented with the ability to manage multiple assignments simultaneously; strong interpersonal communication skills and ability to work quickly with direction and without close supervision
- · Ability to perform data appends, queries, imports/exports and database reporting
- · Ability to follow precise multi-step procedures, prioritize multiple complex tasks, and meet deadlines
- · Ability to work with individuals of various socio-economic, ethnic, and racial populations
- · Ability to comply with personal and business requirements and expectations as detailed in the Employee Handbook