Driver & Warehouse Associate – Full Time Treasure House
The Rescue Mission is a client-centered ministry. We seek employees who have made a commitment to Jesus Christ as Lord and Savior.
Our Mission Statement:
“To provide through the power of Jesus Christ, a home for the homeless, food for the hungry and hope for their future.”
“To transform lives through the love of Jesus Christ.”
The Driver & Warehouse Associate is a frontline representative of The Rescue Mission responsible for driving mission vehicles to pick-up donated items, deliver customer purchased items, and transport recycled materials to salvage locations. The Driver also provides warehouse/back-end support.
- Drive Mission vehicles in a safe manner for mission business, including: picking-up and unloading scheduled donations, delivering customer purchased items, and transporting recycled materials to salvage locations. Report any driving accidents and violations immediately.
- Complete required vehicle maintenance with good knowledge of the truck operating system, including: maintenance records, daily inspection reports, adequate fuel levels, interior and exterior cleanliness, adhere to specified vehicle load limits and assist with preventative maintenance.
- Evaluate items offered by potential donors to ensure items meet store resale criteria; politely decline items that do not qualify. Process and maintain required donation records for onsite pickups.
- Work with warehouse/back-end team assisting with duties as need or assigned.
- Assist in coaching and overseeing volunteers and vocational residents; support and collaborate with the vocational team as needed.
- Maintain a safe and well-organized working environment.
- Attend quarterly All Staff meetings.
- Job performance should demonstrate The Rescue Mission’s Core Values; Organizational Integrity, Organizational Unity and Organizational Effectiveness.
- Perform other job-related duties as assigned.
Education Training and Experience
- High School diploma or general education degree (GED).
- Valid driver’s license with a good driving record.
- 1-year experience as a driver.
- Box Truck Driving experience, CDL not required.
- Forklift experience and certification preferred.
Knowledge Skills and Abilities
- Basic computer skills with knowledge of the internet and email.
- Ability to work with individuals of various socio-economic, ethnic, and racial populations.
- Ability to comply with personal and business requirements and expectations as detailed in the Employee Handbook.
- Knowledge of truck operating system in order to identify problem areas, and assist with preventative maintenance of vehicles.
- Ability to communicate with customers, donors, co-workers, and volunteers in a professional manner.
- Strong organizational and record-keeping skills.
Interested candidates should submit a resume to firstname.lastname@example.org