Licensed Behavioral Health Professional
Join a company where it is not a job, but a mission.
The Rescue Mission, founded in 1903, is a faith-based, nonprofit, 501(c)(3) organization providing restorative care to men, women, and children experiencing a homeless crisis. Our ministry serves Fort Wayne, Allen County, and its nine surrounding counties.
- Medical Insurance
- Dental Benefits
- 403b Savings Plan and Generous Company Match
- Generous Paid Time Off
- Paid Holidays
- EAP (Employee Assistance Program)
- Company paid Life Insurance, Short-Term Disability and Long-Term Disability Coverage.
The Rescue Mission has an immediate need for a Licensed Behavioral Health Professional to work in its men’s facility.
Hours: modified 2nd shift position. Flexibility to work four 10-hour days from noon to 10 p.m. or 5 days from noon to 8 p.m.
Key Tasks and Responsibilities
- Collaborate with Life House and Restoration House to coordinate holistic care and support to all residents and guests served by The Rescue Mission.
- Perform confidential interviews with guests and participants to assess their behavioral and mental health needs while providing brief intervention for those with immediate mental health needs.
- Provide education and support for clients to engage in their care, improve mental health literacy, and/or change their health behaviors.
- Document assessments, interventions, and participant therapeutic care plans.
Education Training and Experience
- Master’s degree in Mental Health Counseling, Social Work, or related field.
- LMHC with experience in addictions counseling required.
- A minimum of 3 years of experience in mental health counseling.
Knowledge Skills and Abilities
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Proven knowledge and skill relative to mental illness, substance use and related risk.
- Knowledge and experience with diagnostic assessments; therapeutic communication; crisis intervention and de-escalation.
- Ability to manage sensitive information in a confidential manner.
- Knowledge of Behavioral Health treatment services and basic diagnostic terminology.
- Computer skills with knowledge of internet and email.
- Ability to collaborate with individuals of various socio-economic, ethnic, and racial populations.
- Ability to comply with personal and business requirements and expectations as detailed in the Employee Handbook.
Interested candidates can apply by clicking here.