Men’s Resident Advocate – Full Time 3rd Shift
The Rescue Mission is a client-centered ministry. We seek employees who have made a commitment to Jesus Christ as Lord and Savior.
Our Mission Statement:
“To provide through the power of Jesus Christ, a home for the homeless, food for the hungry and hope for their future.”
“To transform lives through the love of Jesus Christ.”
The Residential Care Staff – 3rd shift (RCS) assures appropriate services are provided for residents and ensures the safe and smooth operation of the house during the assigned shift.
- Orients, and supports residents staying at The Rescue Mission; assists residents with basic needs, and ensures safety, security, and adherence to house guidelines.
- Maintains accurate and complete records and logs containing pertinent information, notifies appropriate staff members, especially Case Managers, of situations requiring action or extra attention.
- Ensures rules are followed to provide a safe environment for residents. This involves administering drug and breathalyzer tests and supervising various common areas of The Rescue Mission.
- Reflects personal integrity in attitude and behavior toward guests, volunteers, residents, and staff.
- Performs various house and security checks, facilitates the resident sign-in process, and completes duties on the 3rd shift responsibilities checklist.
- Completes items that were unfinished on previous shifts such as intakes, statistical work, and communication information, updating the supply of forms and filing.
- Intervenes in counseling emergencies and refer the individual to a case manager for ongoing counseling needs.
- Attend quarterly All Staff meetings.
- Attend monthly Life House staff meetings.
- Job performance should demonstrate The Rescue Mission’s Core Values; Organizational Integrity, Organizational Unity and Organizational Effectiveness.
- Perform other job-related duties as assigned.
Education Training and Experience
- Associate’s degree or equivalent experience.
- 1 year of experience in related field preferred.
- Valid Driver’s License.
- CPR & First Aid Certification preferred.
Knowledge Skills and Abilities
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Problem solving and conflict resolution skills
- Ability to work effectively within a team
- Excellent organizational skills and ability to follow through until completion
- Ability to work under pressure, handle stressful situations, and maintain flexibility
- Good observation skills of the environment and the people within it
- Basic computer skills with knowledge of the internet and email.
- Ability to work with individuals of various socio-economic, ethnic, and racial populations.
- Ability to comply with personal and business requirements and expectations as detailed in the Employee Handbook.
Interested candidates should submit a resume to firstname.lastname@example.org