Men's Resident Advocate
The Rescue Mission is a faith-based, Christ-centered ministry.
Our mission is to provide, through the power of Jesus Christ, a home for the homeless, food for the hungry and hope for their future. Our mission statement reflects our Christian identity, commitment and unswerving dedication to the principles taught in the Word of God; the Bible. Our team is composed of dynamic and committed Christians who care deeply about our clients and each other.
We are a non-profit dedicated to empowering people to overcome challenges and help them achieve their highest level of independence. The Rescue Mission cares for the whole person. We address the social, mental, physical, emotional, and spiritual needs.
- Serve as a role model by displaying appropriate behavior and teaching life skills to residents.
- Provide evaluation and instruction in areas of daily living skills or independent living skills to enhance the resident's ability to reach his/her highest level of independence.
- Be accountable for the safety and security of those who are receiving services at The Rescue Mission.
- Treat all men accessing services with dignity and respect while enforcing The Rescue Mission’s policies and procedures.
Qualifications – Education and Experience
- Education and experience commensurate with the duties and responsibilities required.
- Two-year degree in Human Services, Social Work, or related field preferred.
- Candidate will be able to work with various socio-economic, ethnic, and racial populations.
- Candidate will demonstrate good written and oral communication skills
- Knowledge of social services network, and commitment to non-violence in all interactions.
- Experience working with the homeless population or underprivileged, a plus.
- Must maintain the integrity of confidential communications or activities while maintaining a professional, courteous and cooperative manner with all Rescue Mission personnel, clients, and outside contacts.
Job Type: Full-time
- Human Services: 1 year (Preferred)
- Associate (Preferred)