Our Mission Statement:
“To provide through the power of Jesus Christ, a home for the homeless, food for the hungry and hope for their future.”
“To transform lives through the love of Jesus Christ.”
We are a non-profit dedicated to empowering people to overcome challenges and help them achieve their highest level of independence. The Rescue Mission cares for the whole person. We address the social, mental, physical, emotional, and spiritual needs.
We have a full-time opening for a Cashier at our Treasure House store.
- Are you a positive person who greets people with a smile and enjoys helping others?
- Are you looking for an exciting fast-paced work environment where you will be part of a team?
- Do you enjoy customer service, retail and merchandising?
The Cashier is a foremost, customer-serving position providing exceptional customer service which includes processing accurate financial transactions between customers and the store, answering phones, and stocking/cleaning the sales floor and register area.
Key Tasks and Responsibilities
- Provide friendly, efficient, and excellent customer service including register operations and sales to donors, residents, and/or customers.
- Contribute to the control of inventory by participating in recycling rotation, retrieving, sorting, stocking and pricing as per directions; protect the store from inventory shrinkage by close visual monitoring.
- Provide telephone support and customer service.
- Assist with store layout to attract customers.
- Perform basic housekeeping duties and sales floor maintenance.
Education Training and Experience
- High School diploma or equivalent required.
- 6 months previous cash register, customer service, sales, and/or retail experience.
Knowledge Skills and Abilities
- Represent The Rescue Mission and Treasure House with grace and integrity.
- Basic computer skills with knowledge of the internet and email.
- Basic math skills.
- Strong communication skills.
- Ability to read and write in English.
- Ability to work with individuals of various socio-economic, ethnic, and racial populations.
- Ability to comply with personal and business requirements and expectations as detailed in the Employee Handbook.
Interested candidates should submit a resume to email@example.com