Donor Relations & Events Coordinator
Our Mission Statement:
“To provide through the power of Jesus Christ, a home for the homeless, food for the hungry and hope for their future.”
“To transform lives through the love of Jesus Christ.”
We are a non-profit dedicated to empowering people to overcome challenges and help them achieve their highest level of independence. The Rescue Mission cares for the whole person. We address the social, mental, physical, emotional, and spiritual needs.
The Donor Relations & Events Coordinator assists the Sr. VP of Donor Relations, Director of
Events, Director of Donor Relations and Foundation staff with the management and
administrative aspects of all marketing and fundraising activities, including direct mail appeals,
internal and external events, peer-to-peer, call, text, and email campaigns. This position provides
administrative support and works collaboratively with the Donor Relations team and Foundation
staff to deliver high-level donor engagement and quality donor experiences. The Donor
Relations & Events Coordinator interfaces with individual donors, businesses, foundations,
volunteers, board members, and staff and provides high-quality interactions that foster long-term engagement and investment in The Rescue Mission. The Donor Relations & Events
Coordinator should be energetic and enthusiastic and have the heart of a servant in accordance
with Colossians 3:23 “Whatever you do, work at it with all your heart, as working for the Lord,
not for human masters.”.
Key Tasks and Responsibilities
- Coordinates and schedules external speaking engagements and community events, and maintains the Event and Donor Relations department calendars.
- Assists the Director of Events & Donor Engagement with management of event invitation
lists, attendance lists, and seating assignments, oversight of the event check-in process,
as well as post-event management of donor attendance records and donor
- Works with Donor Relations team and Foundation staff in fostering and tracking
individual, corporate, and organizational monetary and in-kind support for sponsorships,
auctions, fundraising activities, event marketing, and outreach.
- Performs other administrative duties including but not limited to, recording and
transcribing department and committee meeting minutes, managing event ticket sales,
coordinating with event and fundraising vendors, tracking invoices and budgets,
scheduling meetings and reserving meeting rooms.
- Attend quarterly All Staff meetings.
- Job performance should demonstrate The Rescue Mission’s Core Values, Organizational
Integrity, Organizational Unity and Organizational Effectiveness.
- Perform other job-related duties as assigned
Education Training and Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in nonprofit management, marketing, public relations or communications required.
- Must have one (1) to three (3) years of experience in non-profit environment in the areas
of donor relations, fundraising, events, public relations or marketing support
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Advanced computer skills with solid Microsoft Office Suite skills, including high comfort level in Excel, Teams, PowerPoint, Internet and email
- Experience with Customer Relationship Management (CRM) systems, fundraising or
event software preferred
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Excellent written, verbal, and interpersonal communication skills.
- Excellent organization and time-management skills
- Self-motivated, self-starter and detail-oriented with the ability to manage multiple
assignments simultaneously; strong interpersonal communication skills and ability to
work quickly with direction and without close supervision
- Ability to follow precise multi-step procedures, prioritize multiple complex tasks, and
- Ability to work with individuals of various socio-economic, ethnic, and racial populations
- Ability to comply with personal and business requirements and expectations as detailed
in the Employee Handbook
Job Type: Full-time
Interested candidates can apply by clicking here