Men's Resident Advocate
Great Opportunity to GROW Your Career in the Human Services Field.
- Are you looking to pursue a career that really makes a difference?
- Do you have a passion for helping people?
Our Mission Statement:
“To provide through the power of Jesus Christ, a home for the homeless, food for the hungry and hope for their future.”
We have an opening for a part-time Men’s Resident Advocate. The schedule would be every Saturday and Sunday 8 a.m. - 4 p.m. Starting rate of $15/hour plus shift bonus!
The Residential Care Staff assures appropriate services are provided for residents and ensures the safe and smooth operation of the house during the assigned shift.
Key Tasks and Responsibilities
- Orients, and supports residents staying at The Rescue Mission; assists residents with basic needs, and ensures safety, security, and adherence to house guidelines.
- Maintains accurate and complete records and logs containing pertinent information, notifies appropriate staff members, especially Case Managers, of situations requiring action or extra attention.
- Ensures rules are followed to provide a safe environment for residents. This involves administering drug and breathalyzer tests and supervising various common areas of The Rescue Mission.
- Reflects personal integrity in attitude and behavior toward guests, volunteers, residents and staff.
- Performs various house and security checks, facilitates the resident sign in process and completes duties on the 3rd shift responsibilities checklist.
- Completes items that were unfinished on previous shifts such as intakes, statistical work and communication information, updating the supply of forms and filing.
- Intervenes in counseling emergencies and refer the individual to a case manager for ongoing counseling needs.
- Attend quarterly All Staff meetings.
- Attend monthly Life House staff meetings.
- Job performance should demonstrate The Rescue Mission’s Core Values; Organizational Integrity, Organizational Unity and Organizational Effectiveness.
- Be prepared to pray with and offer spiritual support to others.
- Perform other job-related duties as assigned.
Education Training and Experience
- Associate degree or equivalent experience.
- 1 year of experience in related field preferred.
- Valid Driver’s License.
Knowledge Skills and Abilities
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Problem-solving and conflict resolution skills
- Ability to work effectively within a team
- Excellent organizational skills and ability to follow through until completion
- Ability to work under pressure, handle stressful situations, and maintain flexibility
- Good observation skills of the environment and the people within it
- Basic computer skills with knowledge of internet and email.
- Ability to work with individuals of various socio-economic, ethnic, and racial populations.
- Ability to comply with personal and business requirements and expectations as detailed in the Employee Handbook.
Interested candidates can apply by clicking here