Men's Resident Advocate
Great Opportunity to GROW Your Career in the Human Services Field.
- Are you looking to pursue a career that really makes a difference?
- Do you have a passion for helping people?
We have a full-time 3nd shift opening for a Men’s Resident Advocate. Starting rate of $15/hour plus shift bonuses!
Our Mission Statement:
“To provide through the power of Jesus Christ, a home for the homeless, food for the hungry and hope for their future.”
- Medical Insurance
- Dental Benefits
- 403b Savings Plan and Generous Company Match
- Generous Paid Time Off
- Paid Holidays
- EAP (Employee Assistance Program)
- Group Life Insurance
- Supplemental Life Insurance for Dependents
- Short-Term and Long-Term Disability Plans
The Men's Resident Advocate or Residential Care Staff – 3rd shift assures appropriate services are provided for residents and ensures the safe and smooth operation of the house during the assigned shift.
Key Tasks and Responsibilities
- Orients, and supports residents staying at The Rescue Mission; assists residents with basic needs, and ensures safety, security, and adherence to house guidelines.
- Maintains accurate and complete records and logs containing pertinent information, notifies appropriate staff members, especially Case Managers, of situations requiring action or extra attention.
- Ensures rules are followed to provide a safe environment for residents. This involves administering drug and breathalyzer tests and supervising various common areas of The Rescue Mission.
- Reflects personal integrity in attitude and behavior toward guests, volunteers, residents, and staff.
- Performs various house and security checks facilitates the resident sign-in process and completes duties on the 3rd shift responsibilities checklist.
- Completes items that were unfinished on previous shifts such as intakes, statistical work and communication information, updating the supply of forms and filing.
- Intervenes in counseling emergencies and refer the individual to a case manager for ongoing counseling needs.
- Attend quarterly All Staff meetings.
- Attend monthly Life House staff meetings.
- Job performance should demonstrate The Rescue Mission’s Core Values; Organizational Integrity, Organizational Unity and Organizational Effectiveness.
- Perform other job-related duties as assigned.
Education Training and Experience
- Associate’s degree or equivalent experience.
- 1 year of experience in a related field preferred.
- Valid Driver’s License.
- CPR & First Aid Certification preferred.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Problem-solving and conflict resolution skills
- Ability to work effectively within a team
- Excellent organizational skills and ability to follow through until completion
- Ability to work under pressure, handle stressful situations, and maintain flexibility
- Good observation skills of the environment and the people within it
- Basic computer skills with knowledge of the internet and email.
- Ability to work with individuals of various socio-economic, ethnic, and racial populations.
- Ability to comply with personal and business requirements and expectations as detailed in the Employee Handbook.
Interested candidates can apply by clicking here