Women's Resident Advocate
Great Opportunity to GROW Your Career in the Human Services Field.
- Are you looking to pursue a career that really makes a difference?
- Do you have a passion for helping people?
Our Mission Statement:
“To provide through the power of Jesus Christ, a home for the homeless, food for the hungry and hope for their future.”
“To transform lives through the love of Jesus Christ.”
The Rescue Mission, founded in 1903, is a faith-based, nonprofit, 501(c)(3) organization providing restorative care to men, women, and children experiencing a homeless crisis. Our ministry serves Fort Wayne, Allen County, and its nine surrounding counties.
We have a part-time opening for a Women’s Resident Advocate at Charis House. The schedule would be 8 a.m. to 4 p.m. every other weekend.
To supervise the house assuring appropriate services for clients and assuring the safety and smooth operation of the house during your shift. To be the liaison for residential care staff; communicating relevant information and providing support.
Key Tasks and Responsibilities
- Orients, and supports participants staying at Charis House; assists participants with basic needs, and ensures safety, security, and adherence to house guidelines.
- Maintains accurate and complete records and logs containing pertinent information, notifies appropriate staff members, especially Case Managers, of situations requiring action or extra attention.
- Ensures rules are followed to provide a safe environment for participants. This involves administering drug and breathalyzer tests and supervising various common areas of Charis House.
- Reflects personal integrity in attitude and behavior toward guests, volunteers, participants and staff.
- Attend quarterly All Staff meetings.
- Attend monthly Charis House staff meetings.
- Job performance should demonstrate The Rescue Mission’s Core Values; Organizational Integrity, Organizational Unity and Organizational Effectiveness.
- Perform other job-related duties as assigned.
- Be prepared to pray with and offer spiritual support to others.
Education Training and Experience
- Associates degree in Human Services or related field.
- CPR & First Aid Certification preferred.
- Valid Driver’s License.
Knowledge Skills and Abilities
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- Problem solving and conflict resolution skills.
- Ability to work effectively within a team.
- Excellent organizational skills and ability to follow through until completion.
- Ability to work under pressure, handle stressful situations, and maintain flexibility.
- Good observation skills of the environment and the people within it.
- Basic computer skills with knowledge of internet and email.
- Ability to work with individuals of various socio-economic, ethnic, and racial populations.
- Ability to comply with personal and business requirements and expectations as detailed in the Employee Handbook.
Interested candidates can apply by clicking here