Accounts Payable/Receivable Specialist
We are looking for a full-time Accounts Payable/Receivable Specialist at The Rescue Mission.
Our Mission Statement:
“To provide through the power of Jesus Christ, a home for the homeless, food for the hungry and hope for their future.”
- Medical Insurance
- Dental Benefits
- 403b Savings Plan and Generous Company Match
- Generous Paid Time Off
- Paid Holidays
- EAP (Employee Assistance Program)
- Group Life Insurance
- Supplemental Life Insurance for Dependents
- Short-Term and Long-Term Disability Plans
The Accounts Payable/Receivable Specialist maintains financial records and assists with the general operation of the finance department. This includes a broad spectrum of accounting duties such as general bookkeeping, accounts payable and accounts receivable functions. The Accounts Payable/Receivable Specialist should have the heart of a servant in accordance with Colossians 3:23 “Whatever you do, work at it with all your heart, as working for the Lord, not for human masters.”
Key Tasks and Responsibilities
- Updating and maintaining records of expenditures.
- Responding to vendor invoices ensuring all payments are made in a timely manner and according to company policy.
- Resolving payment discrepancies and disputes on behalf of the company
- Reconciling cash receipts and deposits.
- Analyzing financial records for accuracy.
- Attend quarterly All Staff meetings.
- Job performance should demonstrate The Rescue Mission’s Core Values; Organizational Integrity, Organizational Unity and Organizational Effectiveness.
- Perform other job-related duties as assigned.
- Be prepared to pray with and offer spiritual support to others.
Education Training and Experience
- Associate degree in accounting, finance or payroll accounting.
- Minimum of 2 years of accounting/financial work experience required.
- Nonprofit experience preferred.
- ADP Workforce Now experience preferred.
Knowledge Skills and Abilities
- High degree of accuracy.
- Great attention to detail.
- Strong customer service skills
- Excellent negotiation skills.
- Proficiency in mathematics.
- Proficient with keyboard and calculator.
- MIP Fund accounting software experience preferred.
- Ability to maintain a high level of confidentiality with regard to finance and personnel information.
- Advanced computer skills with knowledge of internet, email and Microsoft Office.
- Ability to work with individuals of various socio-economic, ethnic, and racial populations.
- Ability to comply with personal and business requirements and expectations as detailed in the Employee Handbook.
Interested candidates can apply by clicking here.