Armed Security Officer - Weekends
Our Mission Statement:
“To provide through the power of Jesus Christ, a home for the homeless, food for the hungry and hope for their future.”
We have a few part-time weekend openings for a Armed Security Officer. Starting pay between $20-$25/hour.
The Armed Security Officer is armed and works to ensure that the environment is safe for all, while building a good rapport with those encountered. The Security Officer should have the heart of a servant in accordance with Colossians 3:23 “Whatever you do, work at it with all your heart, as working for the Lord, not for human masters.”
Key Tasks and Responsibilities
- Maintain a constant presence in the community through regular patrols to deter crime and provide quick help when needed
- Remain vigilant regarding potential hazards or problems which could harm the public.
- Observe surveillance cameras, investigate reports of suspicious activity and report suspicious activities and emergencies to local authorities.
- Reasonably detain persons suspected of felony level criminal activity until law enforcement arrives and escort trespassers and other unwelcome parties off the premises.
- Provide input to management to develop, prepare, and implement safety and security policies and procedures which include emergency preparedness, accident prevention, general safety, and risk management.
- Reflect personal integrity in attitude and behavior toward guests, volunteers, participants and staff.
- Attend quarterly All Staff meetings.
- Job performance should demonstrate The Rescue Mission’s Core Values; Organizational Integrity, Organizational Unity and Organizational Effectiveness.
- Perform other job-related duties as assigned.
- Be prepared to pray with and offer spiritual support to others.
Education Training and Experience
- Degrees in criminal justice, psychology, or related field preferred.
- 3 years previous experience in a related field preferred.
- Previous police or military training/experience preferred
- Training or certification in safety and security preferred.
- Licensed to carry a firearm.
- First Aid/CPR/AED preferred.
Knowledge Skills and Abilities
- Physical dexterity and an inherent ability to analyze situations to see if they may be potentially dangerous.
- Analytical skills and the capability to handle emergency situations calmly.
- Basic computer skills with knowledge of internet and email.
- Ability to work with individuals of various socio-economic, ethnic, and racial populations.
- Ability to comply with personal and business requirements and expectations as detailed in the Employee Handbook.
- Ability to manage conflict and use verbal de-escalation techniques.
Interested candidates can apply by clicking here