Our Mission Statement:
“To provide through the power of Jesus Christ, a home for the homeless, food for the hungry and hope for their future.”
We have a few part-time weekend openings for a Security Officer. Starting pay between $20-$25/hour.
The Security Officer is armed and works to ensure that the environment is safe for all, while building a good rapport with those encountered. The Security Officer should have the heart of a servant in accordance with Colossians 3:23 “Whatever you do, work at it with all your heart, as working for the Lord, not for human masters.”
Key Tasks and Responsibilities
- Patrol and monitor the facility and grounds to ensure the property is secure, observe surveillance cameras, investigate reports of suspicious activity and report suspicious activities and emergencies to local authorities. Reasonably detain persons suspected of felony level criminal activity until law enforcement arrives and escort trespassers and other unwelcome parties off the premises.
- Provide input to management to develop, prepare, and implement safety and security policies and procedures which include emergency preparedness, accident prevention, general safety, and risk management.
- Reflect personal integrity in attitude and behavior toward guests, volunteers, participants and staff.
- Attend quarterly All Staff meetings.
- Job performance should demonstrate The Rescue Mission’s Core Values; Organizational Integrity, Organizational Unity and Organizational Effectiveness.
- Perform other job-related duties as assigned.
- Be prepared to pray with and offer spiritual support to others.
Education Training and Experience
- High school diploma or equivalent required.
- Two years advanced education preferred.
- 3 years previous experience in a related field preferred.
- Previous police training/experience a plus.
- Training or certification in safety and security preferred.
- Licensed to carry a firearm.
Knowledge Skills and Abilities
- Physical dexterity and an inherent ability to analyze situations to see if they may be potentially dangerous.
- Analytical skills and the capability to handle emergency situations calmly.
- Ability to attain and retain an Indiana or equivalent firearm license.
- Basic computer skills with knowledge of internet and email.
- Ability to work with individuals of various socio-economic, ethnic, and racial populations.
- Ability to comply with personal and business requirements and expectations as detailed in the Employee Handbook.
Interested candidates can apply by clicking here