We have an opening for a Maintenance Technician. The schedule we are looking to fill is Monday through Friday 8 a.m. - 4 p.m. Hourly rate is $16-$18/hour.
Our Mission Statement:
“To provide through the power of Jesus Christ, a home for the homeless, food for the hungry and hope for their future.”
- Medical Insurance
- Dental Benefits
- 403b Savings Plan and Generous Company Match
- Generous Paid Time Off
- Paid Holidays
- EAP (Employee Assistance Program)
- Group Life Insurance
- Supplemental Life Insurance for Dependents
- Short-Term and Long-Term Disability Plans
Maintain the facilities owned and operated by The Rescue Mission and implement a system that reflects excellence and cleanliness. The Maintenance Technician should have the heart of a servant in accordance with Colossians 3:23 “Whatever you do, work at it with all your heart, as working for the Lord, not for human masters.”
Key Tasks and Responsibilities
- Fix and maintain mechanical equipment, buildings, and machines. Tasks include plumbing work, painting, flooring repair and upkeep and electrical repairs. and heating and air conditioning system maintenance.
- Maintain adequate amounts of supplies and resources for cleaning and general upkeep of the facilities.
- Work with volunteers and staff members assigned to building upkeep/maintenance and service projects.
- Identify physical plant needs and prioritize tasks for the good of the organization.
- Attend quarterly All Staff meetings.
- Job performance should demonstrate The Rescue Mission’s Core Values; Organizational Integrity, Organizational Unity and Organizational Effectiveness.
- Perform other job-related duties as assigned.
- Demonstrate professional, ethical and moral behavior, including boundaries with guests, volunteers and clients.
- Be prepared to pray with and offer spiritual support to others.
Education Training and Experience
- High School Diploma or GED required
- Associates degree or technical training preferred
Knowledge Skills and Abilities
- Working knowledge of building maintenance.
- Experience in, and an aptitude for light maintenance work, including, but not limited to electrical, plumbing, mechanical, painting etc.
- Good verbal communication skills.
- Ability to engage, work and converse with a diverse group of contractors.
- High level of self-motivation.
- Ability to resolve problems using teamwork.
- Flexibility in work hours as needed to address unscheduled interruptions
- Basic computer skills with knowledge of internet and email
- Ability to work with individuals of various socio-economic, ethnic, and racial populations.
- Ability to comply with personal and business requirements and expectations as detailed in the Employee Handbook.
Interested candidates can apply by clicking here